Thursday, February 2, 2012

Rule #1 of Fight Club

"Most of the week we were Ozzie and Harriet, but every Saturday night we were finding something out: we were finding out more and more that we were not alone. It used to be that when I came home angry and depressed I'd just clean my condo, polish my Scandinavian furniture. I should have been looking for a new condo. I should have been haggling with my insurance company. I should have been upset about my nice, neat, flaming little $h!t. But I wasn't."
This sticks out in my head because it shows that we sometimes get so caught up in the idea of we needing the next new item (I.E Iphone or something along those lines) we find our lives being controlled by something that doesn't even exist. In this particular story the narrator found out that everyday he comes home mad he would just try to take his stress out on his apartment trying to make it clean and perfect -- how he wanted it to be so that way he couldn't get mad.

1 comment:

  1. Such a clever movie. Made so much more sense to me the second time around. I haven't read the book but I can see the appeal.

    ReplyDelete