Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Childhood books

This book was written by Marget Wise Brown and it's about a kid who says good night to everything around him everything from the moon to the bunny's doll house ( The main character is a bunny) I don't know why I liked it I just remember it because every time I would go to bed as a young lad my mom would say good night Connor and I'd say good night mom then moon and ect.Although still to this day my mom likes to tease me about it and say good night moon or oh look Connor it's the mooooooon.

The Stinky Cheese Man and other by Fairly Stupid Tales Jon Scieszka this book is a collection of twisted, humorous parodies of famous children's stories and fairy tales, such as "Little Red Riding Hood", "The Ugly Duckling" and "The Gingerbread Man".  It's a classic in my eyes I can remember laying on my moms bed when I was 3 and making her or my sister read it to me.

The final book I can really remember as a child is Enemy Pie by Derek Munson, this book is about a kid who is looking to have a good summer no school no sister for 3 weeks! and he just got a tree house built in his back yard but to come and ruin it for him Jeremy Ross moves in and instantly he makes him his #1 enemy. I remember the first time I read this book I was 5 and my mom brought it home from the library and I read it and it made me laugh but then again I was 5 anything at the time could make you laugh but yeah...

1 comment:

  1. The last book looks cute. I'll have to find that one for Macauley. He loves funny books, and you're right--when you're a little kid it's not too hard to find something to make you laugh.

    ReplyDelete