Friday, January 27, 2012

Response Questions

I believe that talking about or thinking about bad events or bad news does give these things "power" the reason being that if you had a traumatizing event happen to you like death of a loved one or losing a job or anything along those lines, you'll begin to put yourself down and it will evently take control over you and you can't do anything anymore, a example for me was the Friday we came back from break I was in choir we had just started singing our contest pieces and as you would with any new piece we had problems this time it was with vowels so Mr. C decided to call on me to sing all by self I at that moment became red like cherry red due the fact I get embarrassed really easy I, also the part of the song was very high and I wasn't confident in that, but to make matters worse right as he said "O'Leary sing" everyone turned around and looked at me so after a while he had everyone just turn back around then I could sing but I was trembling like a kid with trets. Times like that can effective make you not confident in your work anymore and have very bad effects on you

1 comment:

  1. Wow, he put you on the spot! I remember a time in grad school when my favorite professor called on me to interpret a poem, which I love to do and usually do well. This particular moment, though, I had spaced out and just had absolutely nothing. Totally blank. I had that professor for several classes (he passed away a few months ago and that makes me so sad) and I hope that's not the memory of me he held on to. I respected him a lot.

    ReplyDelete